Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 Ride 135 Anchor Trolley Installation

It's time to rig out my new Ride 135 from Wilderness Kayaks. One of the first items on the list is to install an anchor trolley. I ended up taking two different sets and combining the two to come up with the best trolley I could come up with.












First, I laid everything out so I could see what all came with the kits and what I needed to get. The only other items that I needed to get to complete the installation was a few well nuts and stainless screws.





One of the first things I had to do was to decided where I wanted to install the Harkens pulleys and marked with a pen to drill the holes. After drilling the holes I inserted the well nuts into place and tightened down the stainless screws.









After getting everything aligned with the back pulley I started the same steps for the front but I used a washer and locking nut to secure the pulley. I ended up putting some line guides on the kayak so that the trolley line wouldn't ride up on the kayak.






Make sure when using the guides that you run the line though them before screwing the stainless screw into the well nut.

I then ran the line though both the front and rear pulleys and tied them off to the bungee.










I have a 2 inch nylon ring to complete the trolley that I don' t have on there yet. I'll be able to use my ParkNPole from Yak Attack in with out putting the pole though the scupper hole. Keep in mind that just about anyone can do these modifications to their kayaks. If you have any questions please let me know.



























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment